METHACTON MENNONITE CEMETERY
The ground at the corner of Mill and Quarry Hill Road was originally
used as a family burial ground and later a community cemetery.
In 1739, adjacent land was deeded to the Dutch Anabaptist Society.
The first recorded burial, marked by a stone , was of George Beyer, 1744. There may have been previous burials, since there are a number of unmarked graves.
Over the years land acquisitions were made for the purpose of expansion and today the cemetery holds in excess of 800 graves.
In 1969 the historical burial grounds changed its name from Worcester Mennonite Cemetery to Methacton Mennonite Cemetery.
For records of who is buried in the historic Methacton Mennonite Cemetery, please follow the link to the Worcester Historical Society web page: